Abyssinia Bridges, Sheffield
Gard Contracts completed structural repairs to the old and new Abyssinia Bridges in Sheffield, as part of a major city-wide highways maintenance project to upgrade the condition of Sheffield’s roads, pavements, street lights and bridges.
Scope of Works – New Abyssinia Bridge
- Clean bearing shelves to leave drainage in good working order.
- Concrete repairs to soffit
- Resin injection to cracks in End Trimmer Beams
Scope of Works – Old Abyssinia Bridge
- Replace impact damaged brickwork to arches.
- Helical Bar installation to repair cracks in brickwork
- Repoint arch soffits and parapets – accessed via abseil
- Renewal of expansion joints to parapets