A defective lead flashing had allowed water to ingress the listed building causing substantial rot to an exposed roof truss tie beam. Due to the building’s historic importance, a low disturbance solution was applied.
Scope of Works
- Installation of temporary propping system
- Expose the end of the beam to give access to work
- Cut back the rotten section of beam
- Drill and set stainless steel bars into sound timber to form a temporary shutter
- Cast new beam end in epoxy mortar
- Remove shutter, propping and made good disturbed areas prior to redecoration